How to analize Citrix server blue screen correctly in a Citrix / Microsoft environment? To run a correct analysis you need the correct symbol files from the different software vendors. This is very tedious to do manually but luckily there is a quicker way:
You can automatically download the symbol files for Microsoft and Citrix. So how do you set this up:
- Download the Debugging Tools for Windows 32 bit and/or 64 bit packages (download and info)
- In the start menu browse to “Windows Kits Debugging Tools for Windows” and choose the WinDbg.exe applicable for your platform x86 or x64.
- In the debug tools select file to access the menu and open ‘symbol file path’
- Insert the symbol server paths as described in the articles mentioned below:
- Now you’re ready to analyse a crash dump without having to worry which symbol files are needed
Have fun analyzing crash dumps for the citrix server blue screen.