In this episode of the How to series on XenMobile 10 (Titan release) I will show you how to configure XenMobile 10 with Google play store
XenMobile 9 Google play store settings
In the XenMobile 9 Application Controller console the Google play store configuration can be found under:
- Login to the App Controller Console http(s):///4443/ControlPoint/main.html
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ tab
- Select ‘Store Credentials‘ on the left side and there you can edit your google play store account.
- Please note the Device ID or find a new Android device to get the Device ID from. In the Google Play store are several apps that will get you the device ID needed to get this to work.
XenMobile 10 Google Play store settings
If you are configuring the Google Play Store for the first time you can skip the previous part on XenMobile 9 and move on to the steps needed for XenMobile 10.
- Create an account with Google to be able to access and download apps at the Google Play store, Create an account
- When your account is done, log in with this newly created or existing account and go to the account page, top left, and click on the profile pic to see the account option appear
- Search for the Signing in header on the Account settings page
- Set the Access for less secure apps to allowed. More on this can be found at Google
- Next step is to log in to the XenMobile Server (XMS) for the admin console of XenMobile, http(s)://<XMS-Server-FQDN>:4443
- Go to the ‘Configure’ tab
- Select ‘Settings‘ on the right hand side
- Click ‘More‘
- And click Google Play Credentials under the Server heading
- Fill in the Google username created earlier f.e. email@example.com (1), Use the primairy account name not a secondary!
- Fill the correct password created when your account was created (2)
- Use the Device ID from the XenMobile 9 deployment or a new one you obtained at the beginning of this how to. (3)
- Save the configuration (at the bottom of the page) and you are done
April 2015 Update: More detailed info now avalable via Rink Spies, Citrix XenMobile: How to lookup the Google Play Device ID
Back to the How to series on XenMobile 10